All posts by Maz Woolley

RegulatioN 16 Consultation under way

South Northants Council (SNC) has begun their consultation on the Hackleton Parish Neighbourhood Plan. You will find the area dedicated to this consultation on the SNC website at https://www.southnorthants.gov.uk/consultation.

All responses must be made to SNC following the procedures set out there.

Posters issued by SNC giving advice on the consultation exercise may be found in the Parish Notice Boards as shown in the photographs below.

The consultation exercise ends on 26th March 2021.

Regulation 16 Consultation

The SNC led Regulation 16 consultation phase on the Hackleton Parish Neighbourhood Plan opens on February 10th 2021 and lasts until March 26th 2021. This consultation is web and email based and the SNC poster below shows the contact details which will be in force from February 10th. Please note that all comments should be made as to SNC as shown on the poster below following the procedures set by SNC. The poster shown below will be posted up around the parish shortly.

Following this SNC will arrange for a Government approved Planning Inspector to review the plan to confirm that it conforms with the law and the Government’s National Planning Framework after which they will organise a referendum in the parish to approve the plan.

Approved MInutes for the Steering Group Meeting – 10th September 2020

HACKLETON PARISH COUNCIL
NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN STEERING GROUP

Date: 10th September 2020Time: 9:30amVenue: Virtual via Zoom
Members present: R Hawkesford (Chairman) C Lloyd & M Woolley.
Also present: Parish Clerk – A Benson
NP/23/20There were no apologies for absence.
NP/24/20There were no declarations of interest.
NP/25/20There were no members of the public in attendance
NP/26/20
RESOLVED: To approve the minutes of the meeting 18th May 2020.
NP/27/20Matters Arising and brief update
Minute NP/20/20 – Confirmation received from SNC that Regulation 16 consultation can go ahead virtually.
NP/28/20Review of action following Regulation 14 Consultation
Responses were assessed and further discussion took place regarding green spaces and amendments to the Plan were made. The amended Plan has been forwarded to the Consultant.
NP/29/20Action on environmental appendix
An environmental appendix has been added to the Plan.
NP/30/20Further action regarding Regulation 16 Consultation
Once the plan is returned by the Consultant further review and final amendments to be made. The Plan will then be returned to the Consultant for submission to SNC.
Action: M Woolley to draft an updating article for the Parish Mag’
NP/31/20To consider implications of LGR
The Plan cannot go to referendum until May 2021 at the earliest.
NP/21/20Financial Update
Consultant paid to date. Final grant of £1000.00 received. Total cost well within budget.
NP/22/20Next meeting – To be confirmed.

NB These minutes have been added to this site for completeness. It should be noted that as a formal meeting of the Parish Council the approved copy of the minutes is formally recorded on the Parish Council Website.


Working Party Meeting – January 18th 2021

In Attendance: Roy Hawkesford (Chair), Cllr Carol Lloyd, Maz Woolley

This meeting was to review whether the R16 submission documents were ready for forwarding the the Clerk for formally sending to SNC.

RH infomed meeting that SNC are ready to receive the R16 draft PLan and associated paperwork.

All present agreed that the document pack was now ready to pass to SNC and RH was actioned to pass these to the Parish Clerk to send to SNC in line with the recent approval to send from the Parish Council.

The meeting closed.


Working Party Meeting – 13th January 2021

Attendees: Roy Hawkesford (Chair); Cllr Carol LLoyd, Cllr Jo Willmer, Maz Woolley

Meeting 10:00AM 13th January 2021 by Zoom

This meeting was to review the recently returned R16 documentation set. Roy reported that following issues raised by the team prior to the meeting he had spoken to Michael, our Consultant, and that he had confirmed that our list of corrections supplied in December 2020 had not been applied to the plan and that Michael would apply the amendments and return the documents again.

The team agreed that Michael had supplied the full set of documents needed, as set out in the SNC Local Plan guide, which once corrected, are suitable to give to the Clerk to pass to SNC. A further working party meeting will be set up for Monday 18th so that after checking the documents to be updated and returned by our Consultant they can be agreed as OK to pass to the Parish Clerk.


Chairman’s Report January 2021

HACKLETON PARISH NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP REPORT

January 2021

Following a hiatus since the last report, owing to the illness of our consultant, Michael Wellock, there was considerable activity in early December. Michael produced a draft of the Plan that included our amendments to the Appendix on biodiversity, a significant pillar of the Plan. The steering group then scrutinised the whole document for inaccuracies and clarification, but did not add new material relating to Policies that had already been agreed and which had been subjected to informal consultation, Regulation 14

Following a Zoom meeting to agree the changes we wished to make, our work was sent to Michael on December 15th and the amended Plan was returned to us on January 6th. The documents that comprise the Plan will duly be sent to SNC through the Clerk to the Parish Council. Once SNC receives it, it forms part of their Local Plan Part 2 and becomes their responsibility.

SNC will then check the document and, following any amendments they feel are required, forward it to the various external agencies. This is Regulation 16 (formal) Consultation. This process can last up to eight weeks. It precedes submission to the Examiner and, following that, the Referendum.

The Steering Group will be on standby throughout, though not directly involved until the Referendum which will involve some kind of presentation to encourage people to vote (positively) in favour of the Plan.

It has taken nearly four years and a lot of work to get to this stage in the process. As you will see from the previous paragraph, there is still work to be done in order to achieve our aim of getting the Plan to the final stages by May.

It has been a steep learning curve for the steering group members, but we have developed into a strong team, committed fully to the Plan and its contents. We hope you will be equally proud to own it.

Next Meetings:

13th January, 10.00: Steering Group meeting to confirm the procedure for submission of the Plan (Reg 16) to SNC.

19th January, 11.30: Formal meeting to confirm submission of the Plan and to outline the timeline of the stages that follow.

Roy Hawkesford
on behalf of the Steering Group,

6th January 2021

Working Party Meeting Monday 14th December

In Attendance: Roy Hawkesford [RH] (Chair), Cllr Carol Lloyd [CL], Cllr Jo Willmer [JW], Maz Woolley [MW] , Clerk to the Parish Council Alison Benson  {Clerk]

In order to comply with the currently imposed Tier Two requirements this meeting was held using Zoom.

This meeting was held to review all the individual comments from members of the team on three documents prepared for R16 consultation phase of the HPNP making. These had been prepared for us by our Consultant Michael Wellock:

  • R16 version of the Neighbourhood plan without the new Policy Maps at this point
  • Basic Conditions statement
  • SEA/HRA Screening

All team members had reviewed these documents in detail and felt that a number of changes are needed to the Plan to remove errors of wording/style as well as to reflect some of the changes that have occured in the last six months like the start of housebuilding on the Hardingstone side of the B526 in recent weeks. Changes to the other two documents were generally typos and layout issues rather than any change in content.

A discussion was held on the entry for the PIddington Green space. It was decided that the inclusion of the third field was to be dropped. This was because it was not an integral part of the green area to the South of Willoughby way being separated by a public footpath and we had less evidence of its flora and fauna. It was also not noted as part of the marked green space in the SNC produced Village Guide. As discussions have been held with the landowner of the two fields we feel are crucial to form the Piddington Green Space it was felt that the document could also be updated to reflect that as well as making sure the flora and fauna lists were updated to include the Great Crested Newts presence test etc.

MW to redraw the area and supply to Michael with apologies for more changes!

There were a few questions arising from these documents that will be passed to our consultant along with a slightly revised Introduction from our Chair.

A further document has been supplied by our Consultant for us to check which records the public consultation we have undertaken. This is also part of the pack of documents which need to be passed to SNC before the start of R16 Consultation phase. CL agreed to check that this was OK and let MIchael have a response if any were needed.

MW was actioned to produce a consolidated document reflecting the comment by comment analysis/discussion undertaken in the meeting. This was to consist of the response to each of three documents listed above. This was then to be passed to the Chair for checking and forwarding to our Michael, our Consultant.

The team noted that they needed to see the revised policy maps to complete the review.

It was agreed by the whole team that we now feel that Plan is now looking close to complete and reflects the large amount of work undertaken.

Regulation 16 Plan version now being reviewed

Our Consultant has now returned the latest version of the plan updated and expanded after our Regulation 14 consultation.

The team are now spending time reviewing the plan and trying to make sure that it reflects changes which have happened since the R14 version was written like the start of work at Hardingstone on new housing. We are also trying to make sure that it is very clear before it is passed to SNC for the official comments.

In addition to the plan there are two more documents that have to be submitted to accompany it. These are written by the Consultant and are technical planning documents but we we still have to check that they are correct!

We are still waiting for some supporting policy maps to check but these are likely to be with us soon.

We hope to get the review completed, and the paperwork updated by our Consultant as soon as possible, with an aim of getting it to SNC before the end of 2020.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the Neighbourhood Plan Team

Chairman’s Report October 2020

HACKLETON PARISH NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP REPORT, October 2020

As reported last month our amended version of the Regulation 14 Formal Consultation document together with an enlarged biodiversity Appendix was sent to our consultant, Michael Wellock, at the end of September. His reworked draft will be sent to us shortly for proofreading.

This document, once amended according to anything we wish to correct will be sent to South Northants Council. This stage is called Regulation 16, and at this point SNC is responsible for the next stage of consultation. We are obliged to publicise the Plan and to demonstrate that we have fully complied with the requirements. Because of Covid-19, we will not have the document on display within the Parish, of course, but it will be available online. We will advertise this on our websites and in the Parish Mag. SNC will also publicise the document.

Next Meetings:

A sub-group meeting will be held roughly two weeks after our Consultant issues the Regulation 16 draft of the plan to agree any changes.

The next formal meeting will be held once the Regulation 16 document is corrected and approved for forwarding to South Northants Council. Assuming we are in agreement, the draft Plan will be returned to Michael who will forward it Alan Munn at SNC.

You will have observed that progress is slow. There are periods of frantic activity followed by periods of waiting. Given that we have until nearly the end of May to complete the process, we are not behind the clock. The final submission, if approved by the examiner, will be put to the Parish in a YES/NO Referendum for approval. Assuming the vote is in favour, SNC will formally adopt our Neighbourhood Plan as part of its Local Plan.

Roy Hawkesford (on behalf of the Steering Group)

20th October 2020

Approved MInutes for the Steering Group Meeting – 18th May 2020

HACKLETON PARISH COUNCIL

NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN STEERING GROUP

Date: 18th May 2020Time: 9:30amVenue: Virtual via Zoom
Members present: R Hawkesford, M Woolley, Parish Councillor C Lloyd, Parish Councillor Jo Willmer. Also present: Parish Clerk – A Benson
NP/11/20RESOLVED: To appoint R Hawkesford as Chairman.
NP/12/20There were no apologies for absence.
NP/13/20There were no declarations of interest
NP/14/20There were no members of the public in attendance.
NP/15/20RESOLVED: To approve the minutes of the meeting 9th March 2020.
NP/16/20Matters Arising and brief update Regulation 14 Consultation complete. SEA report from Environment Agency subsequently received.
NP/17/20Review of Regulation 14 Consultation Positive responses received from public and public bodies. All comments have been fully considered.
NP/18/20To agree any action, amendments or additions to the Plan Once specific guidance has been received from the Consultant a biodiversity appendix to be added. Action: M Woolley to discuss printing options with printer. Comments from the Police, other public bodies and a local landowner to be incorporated within the Plan. Plan to be presented at a Parish Council meeting by Steering Group for discussion once out of lockdown.
NP/19/20To consider the procedure for Regulation 16 submission to SNC Awaiting confirmation that Regulation 16 consultation by SNC can go ahead virtually.
NP/20/20To consider implications of LGR The Plan is in keeping with the WNJCS and SNC Local Plan. It can be amended and there will be a statutory review after 2 years so any changes can be dealt with at that point.
NP/21/20Financial Update Consultant has confirmed that future fees total £2450. Grant application to be submitted.
NP/22/20Next meeting – To be confirmed once feedback from Consultant & SNC received.

Approved 10/9/2020