Approved MInutes for the Steering Group Meeting – 10th September 2020


Date: 10th September 2020Time: 9:30amVenue: Virtual via Zoom
Members present: R Hawkesford (Chairman) C Lloyd & M Woolley.
Also present: Parish Clerk – A Benson
NP/23/20There were no apologies for absence.
NP/24/20There were no declarations of interest.
NP/25/20There were no members of the public in attendance
RESOLVED: To approve the minutes of the meeting 18th May 2020.
NP/27/20Matters Arising and brief update
Minute NP/20/20 – Confirmation received from SNC that Regulation 16 consultation can go ahead virtually.
NP/28/20Review of action following Regulation 14 Consultation
Responses were assessed and further discussion took place regarding green spaces and amendments to the Plan were made. The amended Plan has been forwarded to the Consultant.
NP/29/20Action on environmental appendix
An environmental appendix has been added to the Plan.
NP/30/20Further action regarding Regulation 16 Consultation
Once the plan is returned by the Consultant further review and final amendments to be made. The Plan will then be returned to the Consultant for submission to SNC.
Action: M Woolley to draft an updating article for the Parish Mag’
NP/31/20To consider implications of LGR
The Plan cannot go to referendum until May 2021 at the earliest.
NP/21/20Financial Update
Consultant paid to date. Final grant of £1000.00 received. Total cost well within budget.
NP/22/20Next meeting – To be confirmed.

NB These minutes have been added to this site for completeness. It should be noted that as a formal meeting of the Parish Council the approved copy of the minutes is formally recorded on the Parish Council Website.

Working Party Meeting – January 18th 2021

In Attendance: Roy Hawkesford (Chair), Cllr Carol Lloyd, Maz Woolley

This meeting was to review whether the R16 submission documents were ready for forwarding the the Clerk for formally sending to SNC.

RH infomed meeting that SNC are ready to receive the R16 draft PLan and associated paperwork.

All present agreed that the document pack was now ready to pass to SNC and RH was actioned to pass these to the Parish Clerk to send to SNC in line with the recent approval to send from the Parish Council.

The meeting closed.

Working Party Meeting – 13th January 2021

Attendees: Roy Hawkesford (Chair); Cllr Carol LLoyd, Cllr Jo Willmer, Maz Woolley

Meeting 10:00AM 13th January 2021 by Zoom

This meeting was to review the recently returned R16 documentation set. Roy reported that following issues raised by the team prior to the meeting he had spoken to Michael, our Consultant, and that he had confirmed that our list of corrections supplied in December 2020 had not been applied to the plan and that Michael would apply the amendments and return the documents again.

The team agreed that Michael had supplied the full set of documents needed, as set out in the SNC Local Plan guide, which once corrected, are suitable to give to the Clerk to pass to SNC. A further working party meeting will be set up for Monday 18th so that after checking the documents to be updated and returned by our Consultant they can be agreed as OK to pass to the Parish Clerk.

Chairman’s Report January 2021


January 2021

Following a hiatus since the last report, owing to the illness of our consultant, Michael Wellock, there was considerable activity in early December. Michael produced a draft of the Plan that included our amendments to the Appendix on biodiversity, a significant pillar of the Plan. The steering group then scrutinised the whole document for inaccuracies and clarification, but did not add new material relating to Policies that had already been agreed and which had been subjected to informal consultation, Regulation 14

Following a Zoom meeting to agree the changes we wished to make, our work was sent to Michael on December 15th and the amended Plan was returned to us on January 6th. The documents that comprise the Plan will duly be sent to SNC through the Clerk to the Parish Council. Once SNC receives it, it forms part of their Local Plan Part 2 and becomes their responsibility.

SNC will then check the document and, following any amendments they feel are required, forward it to the various external agencies. This is Regulation 16 (formal) Consultation. This process can last up to eight weeks. It precedes submission to the Examiner and, following that, the Referendum.

The Steering Group will be on standby throughout, though not directly involved until the Referendum which will involve some kind of presentation to encourage people to vote (positively) in favour of the Plan.

It has taken nearly four years and a lot of work to get to this stage in the process. As you will see from the previous paragraph, there is still work to be done in order to achieve our aim of getting the Plan to the final stages by May.

It has been a steep learning curve for the steering group members, but we have developed into a strong team, committed fully to the Plan and its contents. We hope you will be equally proud to own it.

Next Meetings:

13th January, 10.00: Steering Group meeting to confirm the procedure for submission of the Plan (Reg 16) to SNC.

19th January, 11.30: Formal meeting to confirm submission of the Plan and to outline the timeline of the stages that follow.

Roy Hawkesford
on behalf of the Steering Group,

6th January 2021