Steering Group Working Party Meeting – March 22nd 2019

Meeting: HPNP Working Group

Date: 22nd March 2019
Attendees: Cllr Roy Hawkesford, Cllr Jo Willmer, Maz Woolley (Notetaker)
Apologies: Carol Lloyd

Brief Notes:

  1. Roy informed us that the Parish Council had considered the summaries of recommendations from the Planning Consultants and discussed the way that the working party wished to proceed and approved our continuing to work on the current lines.
  2. Roy commented on the circulated feedback from Michael on our approach and a discussion was held on how best we proceed given the outstanding planning inquiry on Larkfleet’s planning application. This primarily revolved around:
    • What the impact this would have on our current thinking should the Inspector allow the appeal by Larkfleet at the inquiry which would effectively reduce the need for further housing over the plan period
    • At what point should we aim at to submit the plan to the approval by interested bodies as we would not wish to have to withdraw and modify it if the Larkfleet inquiry approved housing development and we have to change our site allocation policy
  3. It was agreed that we should proceed with our current approach and Roy agreed to contact Michael to discuss when we should aim to be ready for regulation 14 reviews by public bodies. ACTION: Roy
  4. Jo and Maz reported on the small trial they made of the forms for ‘walking the villages’ It was agreed that they were fundamentally sound and had plenty of space for additional notes. Jo and Maz to arrange a date to continue with Piddington next week. After that Horton can be scheduled. ACTION: Jo and Maz
  5. The function of the village walks was discussed and it was agreed that the walks should address all the elements of character in the area. Buildings, trees, green /open spaces, water features, environmental features, historic assets. These can all be entered on templates Maz has created although water does not have a specific template for example. The presentation of this information would largely be in the form of maps showing key features and keyed to explain their importance and character maps showing building type groups which would expand on the notes in the conservation area assessments done by SNC.
  6. The fact that we currently have no representatives from Hackleton or Preston Deanery on the steering group was discussed again.  It was decided that before the plan is taken to any public consultation we will ask Hackleton representatives on the Parish Council if they would do a deep read and comment on the plan. We will also contact people in Preston Deanery who have offered help in the past.  ACTION: Roy
  7. Maz has yet to have any formal feedback from Michael on the first pass of Traffic and Employment policies so does not know if that is now finished for the moment or if further work is needed. ACTION: Roy to discuss with Michael.
  8. A discussion was held on the correct way to approach the environmental elements of the plan. Jo indicated that we had a lot of backing material but questioned how we use it in the plan. It was agreed that we refer to key sections of the material and extract what is needed to back up our policies only. It was agreed that a lot of the information could be recorded as writing on maps which would then be turned into proper maps by Michael. ACTION: Jo
  9. Roy has obtained large scale maps with footpaths and bridleways marked on them. Discussions were held about whether there were additional views and protected settings that needed to be taken into account. Two additional views were recommended for photographing. ACTION: Maz

Agenda for the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group April 2019

HACKLETON PARISH COUNCIL

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP

Chair:- Cllr R Hawkesford

Clerk:- G Wells

Email:- clerk@hackletonparishcouncil.gov.uk

Clerk:- Gill Wells                                                                     
 

 Monday 8th April 2019, 7.00pm in the Liz Harrison Room, Hackleton Village Hall

Item No.

OPENING PROCEDURES

NP/01/04/19

Apologies – Members are asked to formally receive and approve apologies.

NP/02/04/19

Declarations of Interest.

NP/03/04/19

Minutes of the Meeting 4th March 2019.

Item No.

HPNP CONTENTS REQUIREMENT / REVIEW

NP/04/04/19

Grant Update – Members are to be apprised of the grant situation.

NP/05/04/19

Green Spaces – Members are asked to consider and approve evidence to support each identified green space area.

NP/06/04/19

Village Character – Members are asked to consider and approve the characteristics pertinent to each village.

NP/07/04/19

Environmental Issues – Members are asked to consider the environmental issues and approve what needs to be included in the plan.

Item No.

CLOSING PROCEDURES

NP/08/04/19

Date of next meeting – Monday 13th May 2019  

Steering Group Minutes – February 2019

HACKLETON PARISH COUNCIL

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP

Chair:- Cllr R Hawkesford

Clerk:- G Wells

Email:- clerk@hackletonparishcouncil.gov.uk

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP

Hackleton Parish Council

Date:- 11th February 2019

Time:- 7.00pm

Venue:- Liz Harrison Room – Hackleton Village Hall

Attendees:-

Cllr R Hawkesford (Chair)

Cllr Willmer

M Woolley

C Lloyd

Apologies:-

Cllr Charteress

 

The Clerk

 

Item No.

OPENING PROCEDURES

NP/01/02/19

Apologies – Motion Agreed:- It was resolved that apologies from Cllr Charteress be received and approved.

NP/02/02/19

Declarations of Interest – There were no declarations of interest.

NP/03/02/19

Minutes of the Meeting 14th January 2019 – Motion Agreed:- It was resolved that the minutes of the meeting 14th January 2019 be approved subject to an amendment to the date on the minutes to read 14th January rather than 15th January.  

Item No.

HPNP CONTENTS REQUIREMENT / REVIEW

NP/04/02/19

Report:- A report of the working party meeting (informal) meeting 1st February 2019 had been circulated to all Members (Appendix A).   

NP/05/02/19

Housing Needs Assessment – Members were apprised that Aecom appeared to be struggling to incorporate some of the changes / suggestions proposed with regard the Housing Needs Assessment. The Neighbourhood Plan Consultant (Kirkwells) had suggested changes to the phrasing in some areas of the HNA report, however, the Members of the committee wished to retain the direct style of the report. It was confirmed that proposed dwellings, with planning already approved but not yet constructed, would form part of the housing needs numbers. Members considered multi-generational living requirements. Moreover, Members agreed the village required a good social mix of housing but that developments should be phased in over time to ensure needs and requirements were considered at each stage. No update had been received from the recent Larkfleet Homes consultation but would be discussed with the consultant on 4th March 2019.

NP/06/02/19

Site Assessment:- Action Agreed – It was agreed that the Clerk would contact the land owners and thank them for their responses. Further, that a summary of each site was required as well as a ranking process.

NP/07/02/19

Strategic Environment Assessment – It was agreed that this would be discussed with the consultant at the meeting on 4th March.  

NP/08/02/19

Policy Writing Progress Report – Members discussed the progress with the policy writing and agreed that drafts would be forwarded to the consultant for review. SNC guidance would be followed with regard to parking. Clarification was sought with regard various buildings of historical importance. Action Agreed:- It was agreed that the school would be approached and asked if the children would provide artwork for possible inclusion in the plan.  

NP/09/02/19

Requirements and action plan (next steps) – It was agreed that the next working group meeting of the steering group would establish a format for the village walks, including, but not limited to, housing types; community resources. Thereafter, a countryside inspection would be required for which landowners permission may be required. Photographs of parking issues in and around the village would be taken as a record of the impact of development in the village and in support of off road parking requirements going forwards.

NP/10/02/19

Steering Group & representation:- As there was no longer a representative from Hackleton on the steering group it was agreed that Members of the Parish Council would be asked to consider members residing in Hackleton to assist with small tasks.

Item No.

CLOSING PROCEDURES

NP/09/01/19

Date of next meeting – Motion Agreed:- It was resolved that the next meeting of the Steering Group would be 4th March 2019. An informal working party meeting would take place 1st March 2019.  

MInutes approved March 4th 2019

Update – March 2019

Since we sent out the last news update we have been very busy working behind the scenes and have been focusing on traffic, the local economy, community assets, the environment and looking at where we need policies specific to our parish in those areas.

We had a productive working party meeting on March 1st when we met with Jacqueline Brooks who is the SNC Planner who is now supporting our plan for the first time. We discussed the information that we needed to collect to define the character of the villages and make it clear how future development should fit into the existing character. We also discussed our plan for the activities to be done whilst walking the villages to gather evidence to support the plan.

We had our monthly formal meeting last night, March 4th 2019. Having had the final reports on Site Options and Housing Needs we had an initial discussion with our Consultant Michael Wellock from Kirkwells on how we should use the advice from the reports to inform the next stage of the work. It was decided that we should press ahead with the approach we think best for the Parish based on the recommendations from these reports and to refer this approach for approval to the Parish Council.

We are now aiming at a mid-year completion of the draft plan which could begin the consultation process. In order to meet this a lot of further work has to be completed and sent to Michael so that he can put together the draft document.

Next Meetings

The next working party meeting will be on March 22nd and will address the information collection effort.

Our next formal steering group meeting is on Monday 8th April 2019  2019  at Hackleton Village Hall at 19:00.