Neighbourhood Plan Report, February 2019.

During the last month, the Steering Group has had three meetings, and we have made arrangements to meet with Jacqueline Brooks, Ellie’s replacement at SNC, and with Michael Wellock, our consultant. We have received replies from the four landowners / agents we approached following the completion of the Sites Assessment. The Housing Needs Assessment has yet to be signed off, though the content is clear to us.

We have also started the business of writing Policies that we trust will fit the unique nature of our parish. This covers several areas, including housing, biodiversity, traffic, employment, buildings of interest, design characteristics and green spaces, while Roy and Liz Friendship-Taylor are preparing a report on archaeology. We intend to start gathering evidence for the Plan, walking the villages and taking photographs of housing types and anything that characterises the parish.

The next informal meeting will take place on March 1st, which Jacqueline Brooks (SNC) will attend. The next formal meeting will take place on March 4th, when Michael Wellock, our consultant, will be in attendance. It is hoped that, following these meetings, a new draft of the Plan will be prepared and we will have a clear direction for the work to be undertaken.

We hope to engage Hackleton School in a project to enhance the Plan by getting the children to make paintings of what the parish means to them. The intention is to include pictures in the Plan itself and the final referendum exhibition. The aim of the Neighbourhood Plan is, of course, to increase the wellbeing of the community and to help create a sustainable future for our villages. Children are the future, and we would like to involve them – and their families – in what we are doing.

Roy Hawkesford

February 14th 2019

Agenda for the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group March 2019

HACKLETON PARISH COUNCIL

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP

Chair:- Cllr R Hawkesford

Clerk:- G Wells

Email:- clerk@hackletonparishcouncil.gov.uk

Clerk:- Gill Wells 21st February 2019

Monday 4th March 2019, 7.00pm in the Liz Harrison Room, Hackleton Village Hall

Item No.

OPENING PROCEDURES

NP/01/03/19

Apologies – Members are asked to formally receive and approve apologies.

NP/02/03/19

Declarations of Interest.

NP/03/03/19

Minutes of the Meeting 11th February 2019

Item No.

HPNP CONTENTS REQUIREMENT / REVIEW

NP/04/03/19

Draft Plan – update / requirements / & actions

Item No.

CLOSING PROCEDURES

NP/05/03/19

Date of next meeting – Monday 8th April 2019  

Agenda for the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group February 2019

HACKLETON PARISH COUNCIL

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP

Chair:- Cllr R Hawkesford

Clerk:- G Wells

Email:- clerk@hackletonparishcouncil.gov.uk

Clerk: Gill Wells   February 2019

Monday 11th February 2019, 7.00pm in the Liz Harrison Room, Hackleton Village Hall

Item No.

OPENING PROCEDURES

NP/01/02/19

Apologies – Members are asked to formally receive and approve apologies.

NP/02/02/19

Declarations of Interest.

NP/03/02/19

Minutes of the Meeting 14th January 2019

Item No.

HPNP CONTENTS REQUIREMENT / REVIEW

NP/04/02/19

Report:- Informal Meeting 1st February 2019.

NP/05/02/19

Housing Needs Assessment.

NP/06/02/19

Site Assessment.

NP/07/02/19

Strategic Environment Assessment.

NP/08/02/19

Policy Writing Progress Report.

NP/09/02/19

Requirements and action plan (next steps).

NP/10/02/19

Steering Group and representation.  

Item No.

CLOSING PROCEDURES

NP/11/02/19

Date of next meeting – Monday 11th March 2019  

Steering Group Working Party Minutes February 2019

Meeting: HPNP Working Group

Date: 1st February 2019

Attendees: Cllr Roy Hawesford, Cllr Jo Willmer, Carol Lloyd, Maz Woolley (Notetaker)

Brief Notes:

  1. Roy informed us that the HNA document had gone back for further revision and that this was being worked on at the moment. It is hoped that next version contains spelling corrections, refers to area as Hackleton Parish except where it refers specifically to Hackleton village, and incorporates Ellie’s final comments. ACTION RH to chase AECOM
  2. Roy informed us that the contacts with site owners/agents arising from Site work continues and he is awaiting responses for one site. ACTION RH
  3. MW has completed first pass of Traffic and Employment policies. Carol asked for the Employment document to be resent.
  4. It was noted that if Larkfleet homes did get planning permission for their proposed development then the number of houses built would count against HNA recommended number
  5. Infill was discussed and it was concluded that as the development of infill cannot be guaranteed these potential units cannot be counted initially against the HNA total. However, if sites are released in phases over 10 years the number of dwellings needed in future phases may be reduced if significant numbers of infill dwellings have been completed prior to that phase of new building.
  6. Carol fed back on Heritage where she has gathered what we have and will continue to put the resources together, correcting some inconsistencies, and will try to compete a table of policies by the next NPSG meeting ACTION CL
  7. Jo passed Horton info to Carol, Maz offered to contact Phil at the Spread Eagle to get further information about the pub for the listed local assets justification. ACTION MW
  8. Carol asked about where we can get maps to annotate and how to do it. Maz said SNC and NCC maps can be generated online and downloaded. If people want PDFs turned into JPG files so they can add layers and details in paint applications and similar if they send it him he can do this unless the PDF is ‘locked’ ACTION MW if required
  9. Carol said that the Wing Neighbourhood Plan Ellie recommended that we look at was interesting and worth looking at.
  10. Discussion of publicity took place with the following conclusions:
    • HNA and Site Choices need to be summarised in a form that can be used in Parish Newsletter, passed to the Parish Council for review/comment, and which can be used at any consultation.
    • Consultation with public should be driven by summary information not simply by placing the full reports in the public domain to limit misunderstandings
    • The HNA sheet produced by MW needs updating: to make recommended number of  dwellings more prominent, drop all the detailed alternatives, and to make the Affordable and building type breakdown easier to read by using charts. ACTION MW
  11. Housing design was discussed and the outstanding need to walk and photograph the villages to record building types and views in and out. MW offered to take photographs and help annotate maps as long as someone who lives in each village accompanies him with local knowledge. The buildings/features of special community interest could be done at the same time. To Be arranged
  12. Jo presented her environment sheets and discussion followed. Blue and Grey environment issues will need to be addressed at some point To be allocated
  13. An environmental impact analysis was discussed. MW thought this would only ne needed where we recommend sites and that there is no need for a whole parish one. If one is needed Locality could issue grant etc. Action RH to consult Locality as to to what is needed
  14. MW explained why he had added issues/comment columns to Ellie’s suggested table as this gives policies context and allows Michael to use the information in his structure with the sheet leading through the sections in his draft plan structure.
  15. JW pointed out that we need a way of converting all the documentation that we have on species in the local area into a policy for maintaining green corridors and habitat as roosting sites are not the limit to consideration of Birds or Bats their feeding territory and retention of safe corridors is essential
  16. Short discussion on whether water capture and other environmentally desirable items could be included in building requirements. Advice needed but at the least a community aspiration could be expressed
  17. Green Spaces and Play areas were discussed. No further work has been done on this yet. Should any development of 10+ dwellings include some green space? Community projects should be considered here. Does this apply to Georges Fields play space in the longer term? Should that be PC managed? It is necessary to get photographic evidence of the green spaces. Maybe this could be incorporated into walking the villages?
  18. MW said he would check that the coalescence map had been completed. Action MW
  19. Allotments were discussed with no firm conclusion about whether NP needed to detail them other than as local assets

Meeting Closed.